Biathlon Tips Page - Skiing
How to improve your performance and enjoyment of the sport...
This page was last updated 208 Feb 00
- Ski Technique - Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for the never-ever or beginner skier (08 Feb 96)
- Ski Technique - Tutorial on the basics of X-C skiing (22 Sep 98)
- Biomechanics - Technical articles on skating and diagonal stride kinematics and ski edging technique (08 Feb 96)
- Skiing Physiology - XC specific training, performance, and physiology articles (25 Apr 97)
- Waxes - A beginners guide to waxing (08 Feb 96)
- Ski Preparation - How to get your skiis into racing shape (08 Feb 96)
- Double push technique - Video for a rollerblade technique which may or may not be applicable to skiing (05 Sep 98)
- Kongsberger Ski Club - A Nordic ski club listing Washington area x-c events, ski and waxing technique, and race results (08 Feb 00)
- Physics of Skiing , David Lind (1996) AIP Press - A book on why skiis are designed the way they are, why certain race strategies work, etc.
- Don't Look Back, J. Morton (1992) Stackpole Books - An account of cross-country ski racing
Another source of information for Nordic skiing is the nordic skiing mailing list or digest. To subscribe to either the digest or the mailing list, send e-mail to Nordic-Ski-REQUEST@Graphics.Cornell.edu
If there are other sites you feel belong here, drop me a line: email@example.com
BACK TO ALLEN'S BIATHLON HOME PAGE